Friday, July 16, 2010

Self promotion is a necessary bitch !

I posted this as a comment on a blog and I'm putting it here too. It might be usefull to someone and if not it will be a good remiender for me.



Self promotion is a necessary bitch. Your creations might be the most beautiful, most stunning or simply the bestest ever, but this world is big. Yes it's a big world filled with beautiful, stunning and bestest ever creations. You could simply create and send that out in to the world and not say a word about it. Your great creation could be seen by some people. But we create so we can send something out to this world to be loved and appreciated by others. We are here to contribute something to this world, to make an impact. I know, a knitted dishcloth might not change the world, nor tea cozies or stitch markers. Not all creations have to be like the great works found in the museums of this world. What matters is that they are loved!


So I say to those of us that have issues with self promotion...just do it! What if your creations have a chance to be loved by more people? Wouldn't that be great!


Let's pretend that we are 5 years old again and we have just made the most beautiful, most stunning and bestest ever creation. Let's go run to our parents and shout... Look mama, look at what I have done! Let's be proud of what we do.


Let's all shout , Look at what I did! I love it and you might too.

So from now on, I will do my very best to create something everyday and share it on this blog. Who knows someone else than me might like it.

No comments: